No matter where you roam in Thailand, this is a must-have guide for digital nomads. Learn everything you need to know to become location independent in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Digital Nomad Escape Plan 2017 is a comprehensive, actionable road map that clearly outlines how to go from day job to digital nomad in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Skip the ‘helpless tourist’ part of heading somewhere new. This guide will walk you around the neighborhood and fill you in on day-to-day life, step by step.
We’ve removed it from Amazon and payment is optional for Hobo with a Laptop readers.
Get the Extras:
If you want the free book extras you can choose to subscribe to our mailing list with the form in our footer below, but it isn’t required. (All Hobo subscribers are going to receive them).
The book extras will be delivered as soon as they become available in early September. Signing up to our newsletter is only required for the extras –not the 190+ page guide itself.
Your free extras will include the following when they are released in September:
Printable check lists: Tasks you’ll need to complete in chronological, and what to bring with you.
Printable maps: Learn where to find an apartment, groceries, restaurants, gyms, health services, and night life.
Printable Thai phrase cards: Explain where you need to go without saying a word –and they fit right into your wallet.
Audio book: A director’s cut-style audio book narrated by Mike Hulleman.
Information You Can Act On
No guru required, no bullshit.
- The best time of year to start
- What skills are ideal for the digital nomad lifestyle
- Creative ways to make emergency money online
- How much your new life is going to cost you
- What tools you should set up in advance
- What immunizations you’ll need (and how to save hundreds of dollars on them)
- Customs, culture, and a little bit about the language
- Where to find an apartment, rent a motorbike, health services, gyms, and groceries
- How to get a Thai bank account
- Which online banking tools you should consider using
- What to pack, and what to leave at home
- How to obtain travel visas on the road
- How to book cheap flights
- What to do the minute you arrive, from airport to guest house
- How to set up a Thai cell phone, step-by-step
- How to save money
- How to travel with children
- I also explore the legality of being a digital nomad
Handle the Transition Mentally & Emotionally
- How to handle criticism for your choice to go nomad
- Why Chiang Mai, Thailand is the digital nomad capital of the planet
- How to deal with the unpredictability of living abroad, long-term
- How to avoid digital nomad scams
- Pros and cons of the digital nomad lifestyle
- How to protect your health during long-term travel
- A few personal stories
Digital Nomad Escape Plan will eliminate weeks and months of online research, scanning blogs and forums so you aren’t left with an incomplete or fragmented picture.
No “lifestyle design porn”, just everything you need in one place to comfortably slip into Chiang Mai without running into logistical nightmares.
With this guide at your fingertips, you can be ready to hit the road in a matter of weeks; only as long as it takes to renew your passport or acquire your Thai visa.
What Other People are Saying
Did you enjoy Digital Nomad Escape Plan?
Why not help a brother out, and review Digital Nomad Escape Plan on GoodReads?
Exclusive Chiang Mai Guide for Digital NomadsChiang Mai, Thailand is the "digital nomad capital of the world", and Hobo with a Laptop readers can get an inside look at this popular destination with Digital Nomad Escape Plan; a 200-page ebook written by nomads, for nomads.
Updated annually, and now completely free.