No matter where you roam in Thailand, this is a must-have guide for digital nomads. Learn everything you need to know to become location independent in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Skip the ‘helpless tourist’ part of heading somewhere new. This guide will walk you around the neighborhood and fill you in on day-to-day life, step by step.
Digital Nomad Escape Plan 2017 is a comprehensive, actionable road map that clearly outlines how to go from day job to digital nomad in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
No guru required, and now it’s free.
Digital Nomad Escape Plan 2017 is a no-nonsense look at life in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and it provides enough information to save you hundreds of dollars off the overall cost of your adventure.
With this guide you can hit the ground running, and travel like you’ve done this before.
We’ve removed it from Amazon and it’s completely free to Hobo with a Laptop readers.
Chiang Mai is still the “digital nomad capital of the world”, for it’s high quality of life, low cost of living, and proliferation of nomads themselves.
Digital Nomad Escape Plan will eliminate weeks and months of online research, scanning blogs and forums so you aren’t left with an incomplete or fragmented picture.
No “lifestyle design porn”, just everything you need in one place to comfortably slip into Chiang Mai without running into logistical nightmares.
With this guide at your fingertips, you can be ready to hit the road in a matter of weeks; only as long as it takes to renew your passport or acquire your Thai visa.
Get the Extras: If you want the free book extras you can choose to subscribe to our mailing list with the form in our footer below, but it isn’t required. (All Hobo subscribers are going to receive them).
The book extras will be delivered as soon as they become available in early May. Signing up to our newsletter is only required for the extras –not the 190+ page guide itself.
Your free extras will include the following when they are released in early May:
Printable check lists: Tasks you’ll need to complete in chronological, and what to bring with you.
Printable maps: Learn where to find an apartment, groceries, restaurants, gyms, health services, and night life.
Printable Thai phrase cards: Explain where you need to go without saying a word –and they fit right into your wallet.
Audio book: A director’s cut-style audio book narrated by Mike Hulleman.
Information You Can Act On
- The best time of year to start
- What skills are ideal for the digital nomad lifestyle
- Creative ways to make emergency money online
- How much your new life is going to cost you
- What tools you should set up in advance
- What immunizations you’ll need (and how to save hundreds of dollars on them)
- Customs, culture, and a little bit about the language
- Where to find an apartment, rent a motorbike, health services, gyms, and groceries
- How to get a Thai bank account
- Which online banking tools you should consider using
- What to pack, and what to leave at home
- How to obtain travel visas on the road
- How to book cheap flights
- What to do the minute you arrive, from airport to guest house
- How to set up a Thai cell phone, step-by-step
- How to save money
- How to travel with children
- I also explore the legality of being a digital nomad
Handle the Transition Mentally and Emotionally
- How to handle criticism for your choice to go nomad
- Why Chiang Mai, Thailand is the digital nomad capital of the planet
- How to deal with the unpredictability of living abroad, long-term
- How to avoid digital nomad scams
- Pros and cons of the digital nomad lifestyle
- How to protect your health during long-term travel
- A few personal stories
What Other People are Saying
Free Nomad Travel Guide for Hobo ReadersIf you're planning to become a travel blogger or digital nomad in the near future, we invite you to take a look at Digital Nomad Escape Plan; a full-fledged ebook to help you get started on your nomad travels in Chiang Mai, Thailand (and it's completely free).
You can download your free copy here.